Destrehan Living Room
In the mid-20th century, vandals stole or destroyed the original mantels while the house was unoccupied. Preservationists found appropriate period details for the fireplaces, cornices and medallions in an 1835 architectural design book frequently consulted by architects of that time.
|Courtesy of||Destrehan Plantation|
|Disclaimer||All rights reserved by the Destrehan Plantation. The Louisiana Endowment has included this work in KnowLA- The Online Encyclopedia of Louisiana History and Culture for the purposes of criticism, comment, teaching, scholarship, educational research, all other nonprofit educational usages under Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act.|