Front view of Presbytere
The Presbytere was built between 1791-1813 and designed by Gilberto Guillemard as a companion to the Cabildo. It flanks the St. Louis Cathedral and was rented by the city of New Orleans as a courthouse and then acquired by the state of Louisiana in 1911. It is now used as a museum.
|Courtesy of||State Library of Louisiana|
Physical rights are retained by the State Library of Louisiana. The Louisiana Endowment has included this work in 64parishes.org for the purposes of criticism, comment, teaching, scholarship, educational research, all other nonprofit educational usages under Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act.