Nathan "Jim" Robinson played trombone with countermelodies to the trumpet lead, epitomizing the "old time sound" that made him the most prominent trombonist in New Orleans in the 1940s. Here Robinson stands by his home at 920 Marais Street, New Orleans, in 1949.
Tulane University, William Ransom Hogan Archive of New Orleans Jazz
The Louisiana Endowment has included this work in 64parishes.org for the purposes of criticism, comment, teaching, scholarship, educational research, all other nonprofit educational usages under Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act. All rights are reserved by the The William Ransom Hogan Archive of New Orleans Jazz at Tulane University.