Madewood Plantation House
This quarter plate daguerreotype in a case shows Madewood Plantation, ca. 1855. The wood and leather case is unhinged and in two parts; the lid has a dark blue velvet lining and two hook and latch closures are intact.
|Courtesy of||The Historic New Orleans Collection|
|Disclaimer||Physical rights are retained by the Historic New Orleans Collection. The Louisiana Endowment has included this work in 64parishes.org for the purposes of criticism, comment, teaching, scholarship, educational research, all other nonprofit educational usages under Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act.|