Cosimo Matassa stands in 2005 at the deli counter of Matassa's Market with his sons Louis (left) and John (right) behind the counter. Cosimo's father John, a Sicilian immigrant who arrived in New Orleans in 1910, opened Matassa's Market in 1924 in the same location it has today, at the corner of of Dauphine and St. Philip streets in New Orleans' French Quarter.
|Courtesy of||Cheryl Gerber Photography|
|Disclaimer||The Louisiana Endowment has included this work in 64parishes.org for the purposes of criticism, comment, teaching, scholarship, educational research, all other nonprofit educational usages under Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act.|