Between 1841 and 1860, the Théâtre d’Orléans held 1,550 performances of 109 different operas by 35 composers. The venue introduced American audiences to the latest European works by hosting premieres and touring productions. Antebellum New Orleans architect J.N.B. de Pouilly designed the building.
The Louisiana Endowment has included this work in 64parishes.org for the purposes of criticism, comment, teaching, scholarship, educational research, all other nonprofit educational usages under Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act. Physical rights are retained by the Historic New Orleans Collection. Rights are held in accordance with the U.S. copyright laws.