In the 1950s, Lin Emery created life-sized religious figures for churches, such as this sculpture commissioned by St. Gertrude the Great in Des Allemands. The piece was made of hydrocal cement and bronze in 1956, and measures 12 by 8 by 3 feet.
All rights reserved by the artist. The Louisiana Endowment has included this work in 64parishes.org for the purposes of criticism, comment, teaching, scholarship, educational research, all other nonprofit educational usages under Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act.