The Slaughter Houses
This wood engraving by John William Orr, "The Crescent City Live Stock Landing and Slaughter House Company," is dated 1874. The slaughterhouse was near Jackson Barracks in New Orleans's Lower Ninth Ward.
|Courtesy of||The Historic New Orleans Collection|
Physical rights are retained by the Historic New Orleans Collection. The Louisiana Endowment has included this work in 64parishes.org for the purposes of criticism, comment, teaching, scholarship, educational research, all other nonprofit educational usages under Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act.