Alice Plantation was built ca. 1790. In 1961 the upper floor was floated by barge along Bayou Teche from its original location in Baldwin (St. Mary Parish), which was being developed as a subdivision.
|Courtesy of||Alysha Jordan|
|Disclaimer||All rights reserved by Alysha Jordan. The Louisiana Endowment has included this work in 64parishes.org for the purposes of criticism, comment, teaching, scholarship, educational research, all other nonprofit educational usages under Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act.|