The Autrey House near Dubach is believed to be the oldest building in Lincoln Parish. In 1849 Absalom Autrey and his sons hewed pine logs and set the house on raised piers. It is one of the few remaining examples of a dogtrot house, the early vernacular building style in the hill country of north Louisiana.
|Courtesy of||Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division|
The Louisiana Endowment has included this work in 64parishes.org for the purposes of criticism, comment, teaching, scholarship, educational research, all other nonprofit educational usages under Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act.