Layton Castle was conceived as a plantation house, built on the Ouachita River in Monroe by Swiss immigrant Henry Bry around 1814. Bry was a parish judge and later, a legislator who developed an interest in silkworm production.
|Courtesy of||Jennifer Baughn|
All rights reserved by Jennifer Baughin. The Louisiana Endowment has included this work in 64parishes.org for the purposes of criticism, comment, teaching, scholarship, educational research, all other nonprofit educational usages under Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act.