Throughout three generations of Swiss-born Henry Bry's descendents, Bry's plantation-style home was transformed first to an enlarged brick mansion, and later into what is today known as the "Layton Castle." Eugenia Stubbs Layton, widow of Henry Bry's grandson Robert Layton, oversaw the final makeover in 1910.
|Courtesy of||Jennifer Baughn|
All rights reserved by Jennifer Baughin. The Louisiana Endowment has included this work in 64parishes.org for the purposes of criticism, comment, teaching, scholarship, educational research, all other nonprofit educational usages under Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act.