The Spring 2018 issue debuted on March 1.
The cover story features Leah Chase, the 2018 Humanist of the Year, who was interviewed on the eve of ninety-fifth birthday by Zella Palmer.
In addition to overviews of our other Humanities Award-winners, this issue also includes:
- Part four in the Water/Ways series, this time about the success of the West Bay Sediment Diversion.
- An excerpt from The Thibodaux Massacre by John DeSantis, one of the winners of the 2018 Humanities Book of the Year.
- A look at new Louisiana music with folklorist Ben Sandmel.
- A discussion about why Louisiana cities are where they are with Richard Campanella.
- Rediscovering revolutionary artwork with Orissa Arend.
- The revitalization of rum production with Nora McGunnigle and the team at Bayou Rum Distillery.
Plus stories from our partners at the Historic New Orleans Collection, the Ogden Museum of Southern Art, Shreveport Regional Arts Council, Louisiana State Museum, and New Orleans Museum of Art.
The Spring 2018 of Louisiana Cultural Vistas is available $5.95 plus shipping. Click here to order via email or call toll free in Louisiana 1.800.909.7990 or 504.523.4352 ext. 110.