The Spring 2018 issue debuted on March 1.
The cover story features Leah Chase, the 2018 Humanist of the Year, who was interviewed on the eve of ninety-fifth birthday by Zella Palmer.
In addition to overviews of our other Humanities Award-winners, this issue also includes:
- Part four in the Water/Ways series, this time about the success of the West Bay Sediment Diversion.
- An excerpt from The Thibodaux Massacre by John DeSantis, one of the winners of the 2018 Humanities Book of the Year.
- A look at new Louisiana music with folklorist Ben Sandmel.
- A discussion about why Louisiana cities are where they are with Richard Campanella.
- Rediscovering revolutionary artwork with Orissa Arend.
- The revitalization of rum production with Nora McGunnigle and the team at Bayou Rum Distillery.
The Spring 2018 of Louisiana Cultural Vistas is available $5.95 plus shipping. Click here to order via email or call toll free in Louisiana 1.800.909.7990 or 504.523.4352 ext. 110.