Our fall 2019 food issue of 64 Parishes gets off to a cracking good start with our cover story, a photographic look at the Abbeville Giant Omelette Festival.
The issue also includes:
- an explanation of how insensitive harvesting practices threaten the survival of wild sassafras by Morgan Randall
- an interview with Hardette Harris, curator of the official North Louisiana Meal
- the history of shrimp drying in Louisiana by Winston Ho
- a song of praise to boudin by Robert Carriker
- Lesli Rambin’s adventure at Pigfest, a semi-secret Northeast Louisiana food festival
- Christie Matherne’s pot-stirring gumbo road trip
- Kerry Myers’ recollections of his time editing the Angolite, the magazine produced by inmates at the Louisiana State Penitentiary
Plus stories by our partners at the Alexandria Museum of Art, The Historic New Orleans Collection, the New Orleans Museum of Art, the W. R. Norton Art Gallery, and the Shreveport Regional Arts Council.
The current issue of 64 Parishes is available $5.95 plus shipping. Click here to order via email or call toll free in Louisiana 1.800.909.7990 or 504.523.4352 ext. 110.