Our spring 2021 issue of 64 Parishes presents our 2021 Humanities Award winners. Inside, you’ll meet Humanist of the Year John Scott, Champion of Culture Carol Bebelle, Light up for Literacy winner Pat Austin, Lifetime Achievement Honoree Frank de Caro, and Documentary Photographer of the Year Abdul Aziz. You’ll also get peeks at the Book of the Year, Documentary Film of the Year, and our first award for Best in Digital Humanities.
The issue also includes:
- Rien Fertel’s Lost Lit column on Valerie Martin’s A Recent Martyr
- Parish Spotlights from Concordia Parish and colonial Louisiana
- Poetry by David Havird
- Katy Reckdahl takes us to Port Fourchon
- Rich Campanella considers the word “delta”
- Jessica B. Harris contemplates sugarcane
- Ben Sandmel remembers Boogie Bill Webb
- Andru Okun reads Jonathan Daniel Wells’s The Kidnapping Club
Plus stories by our partners at The Historic New Orleans Collection, Shreveport Regional Arts Council, The Tennessee Williams Literary Festival, the LSU Museum of Art, and the Arts and Humanities Council of Southwest Louisiana.
The current issue of 64 Parishes is available at retail outlets across Louisiana or can be ordered through the LEH for $5.95 plus shipping. In stock back issues are also available for $6.95. To order email email@example.com or call 1.800.909.7990 or 504.523.4352 ext. 110.